Landowner Resources

Public Works

City will send an inspector and provide direction as needed.

Service requests – Metro Call: 502-574-5000


For problems involving: drainage, sanitation (backups or discharge), catch basins, man holes, spills (chemicals, diesel fuels, etc.), sink-ins and holes (MSD will secure the hole, but the property owner will generally need to call a plumber to fix it). If a property has a sinkhole that has not been caused by city infrastructure the Conservation District may be able to provide technical assistance to the landowner.

Note: Jeffersontown, Shively and Middletown have their own utilities departments. However, MSD does cover some of these areas so landowners can call MSD and they will direct them as needed. 

Phone: 502-540-6000